Welcome

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life Lessons

First, I wanted to let you all know that Shadow Dancer is now also available at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ as an ebook.  Yes, really!  So if you are a NOOK user, you can now obtain Shadow Dancer.  Yay! 

This week I have been spending a load of time looking into guest blogs.  One caught my eye and my interest and I decided to participate.  I will post the particulars as I get them, but as a teaser I ask you a similar question.  If you could send a letter to yourself telling one single thing, what would it be?  What would be the most important nugget of information that you would absolutely need, have to know?  It’s hard to decide on one isn’t it? 

On the non-writing front…I would definitely tell myself NOT to go toilet papering the night of my sister’s birthday party.  It ended with tears, as well as police and criminal charges (littering – breaking curfew).  Yes, yes, I was charged with littering.  It is still on my record.  What’s funny?  I didn’t even want to go!  Figures right?  At the time, I was still trying to get my sister to like me as well as trying to fit in with the older girls at the party.  Lessons learned at 13 are rough.  I could have done without that one, thank you very much. 

On the writing front, I would tell myself to focus on writing while I was young and didn’t have quite so many responsibilities.  I think about how much further along in my writing career I would be now, if I had only stuck with it then, instead of letting life derail me from my dreams.  Better late than never right? 

So, what would your tell yourself, if you had the chance?  Come on, you know you want to share…

1 comment:

  1. If I could write a note to myself, I would definitely tell myself to listen to my elders! They really do know what they are talking about, even though when you're young, you just think they are stupid, old fashioned, and don't know anything!
    I would also write a note to remind myself to smile and laugh. Don't pay attention to whether or not you feel popular...just have fun and make people smile. Don't take everything so seriously.
    Lastly, I would write myself a note to make going to college a priority. Education is very important but back then, it was just torture to me.

    ReplyDelete