Welcome

Monday, April 14, 2014

What's on my Mind - April 14, 2014

What’s on my mind this week?

1.  The date for one.  Today is 4-14-14.  I like dates like this.  Seems like this would be a good day to be born or be married or something.  One of those easy dates to remember. 

2.  My kitchen.  I have refrained from moaning and whining about the trials that have come along with the revamp of my kitchen.  It has been a very long haul, but the end is near.  To begin, we tore out the floor, and the walls down to the studs.  Found that the reason the kitchen was always so cold was due to the fact that there was no insulation in the walls.  At all.  We upgraded the electric, put in insulation, and put up new walls and a new floor base.  We spackled, we sanded and painted, and it was a dusty mess.  Then we began work on the ceiling.  We thought we would be able to go over top of the old ceiling.  We were wrong.  The old was uneven and stupid.  So we had to take out the ceiling to the studs as well.  There was insulation in the attic, however, it was loose insulation and old.  As we pulled down the ceiling, it came raining down upon our heads like snow.  It was not a good day.  Loads of cursing and coughing and sneezing, face masks or not.  We then put in a slat board ceiling with recesses lighting.  It looks gorgeous by the way.  Next up was installing the new cabinets.  Afterward, was the wooden floor, and now we are finishing up the plumbing and the trim.  The counters come on Tuesday and the end is near.  I can’t tell you how much we are all looking forward to having it done.  Eating out every night sounds like it would be fun.  It’s not.  We all forgot how well and healthy we eat at home.  All the grease and processed food has made us all a bit sickly the past month.  So the fact that we will hopefully have a kitchen back by the weekend is reason enough for a party. Which brings me to…

3.  Easter!  I love Easter.  Since the kitchen should be (it has better be) done we will be hosting our annual Easter dinner for family.  I have a new oven this year.  I hope it cooks my turkey like the other…that could be bad.  I have eggs to fill with candy for the egg grab. I have gift cards to purchase for special eggs.  I have a dirty and messy house to sanitize.  I love Easter, but this year looks to be a bit more work than usual.  I can’t wait.

4.  On the writing front, I am plugging away.  Why is my horror novel not finished?  I blame my kitchen.  I haven’t had a spare moment at home in weeks to sit my butt down and write.  Hopefully next week I will be back in full swing and real wordage.  I need too.  My main character is not a happy camper right now for being put on the back burner. 

That’s what’s one my mind.  What is going on in your world?  Anything exciting?





2 comments:

  1. I love today's date too. So fun.

    I hear you with the remodeling. Mine won't officially start until this summer, but my kitchen is partially ripped apart already. Yes, it's so much fun living this way. Not at all!

    Happy Easter and I hope you find some time to work on your horror novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. I will survive it one more week. I can do this...

      Delete