Welcome

Monday, May 13, 2013

What's on my Mind #4


Nothing exciting going on in my life right now, so today will be a post on “Random Thoughts”  Just a few things that are on my mind. 

1.  Mother’s Day.  I always feel really bad for those men whose wives have already passed away.  You know they are missing them very much on days like Mother’s Day.  I know they miss them on other days, but for some reason, Mother’s day is a big one for me.  Makes me sad. 

2.  Only 3 more weeks of school left.  What am I going to do with my children for the summer?  This is a constant struggle for working people that have kids who are older than 11 or 6th grade.  Most summer programs are for 11 and under.  Yes, I know the children are technically old enough to be home alone, and but ick.  Too much time on the hands of a pre-teen or teen is so not a good thing.  I wish I was rich and didn't have to work.  Or, I wish I could telecommute.  Sigh….

3.  Ticks.  It’s the season for the little suckers.  Why do they wig me out so much?  They are slow and small (until they are ballooned out with blood), and usually avoidable.  Yet, they freak me out.  I need to get the yard sprayed.  Uck. 

4.  Swimming.  We have a pool in the back yard and my children and I love the pool.  Except…I hate the work that is involved with a pool.  Chemicals and sweepers and leaves and frogs and bugs.  Our pool is on its 11th year of its 10 year warranty’d life.  I’m thinking after this year, it may be time to dismantle it.  Anyone got any tips for easier pool maintenance? 

5.  Basements.  We are thinking of finishing ours.  We have a sudden need for additional space and think maybe a sealed basement and finishing system may be the solutions.  Anyone got any ideas on this?  I have heard good and bad on this idea so I am looking for additional thoughts or history. 

As I said, not much going on right now for me.  Yes, I’m still working on Shadow Fire.  I have gone on a different journey than anticipated so It’s taking a bit longer than most of my other novels.  I think mainly because I am working on tense and POV differently than anything I have tried in the past.  Plus my POV is from the male perspective.  You men, it’s very hard trying to get into your heads.  Just sayin.

Have a great week everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment