Welcome

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Award - The Sunflower Award

First and foremost I need to send a thank you, out to Allyn for giving me the Sunflower Award.  I am very honored.  You can find her site HERE.    

Here are the rules:

1.                  Share Eleven Facts About Yourself.
2.                  Answers the Questions Set by your Nomination Blogger
3.                  Pass on the award. 

Sounds easy, yes?  Okay, here are Eleven Exciting Facts about me! 

1.                  I am left-handed.
2.                  I love to cook, but hate to clean up afterward.
3.                  I can decorate quite the fancy cake.
4.                  I don’t much like meat.  If I could get away with not eating meat, without complaint from my family, I would.  However, they tend to complain if I go veggie for too long. 
5.                  I like to read steamy romance novels.  For shear fun.  Not for learning, not for grammar, just to enjoy an easy read. 
6.                  I have a fruit orchard that consists of peaches, pears, plums, and cherries.  I keep trying to add in apples, but the deer keep wiping them out.  Yes, I’ve tried fencing and other things. 
7.                  I have a tank top addiction.  I love them and wear them, every single day, either on their own or under whatever I am wearing.  I have over 30 at this point and I am already looking forward to the new styles of the year. 
8.                  I’m clumsy to the point of dangerous.  One of these days I will grow into my feet and the clumsiness will abate.  Wonder when that will finally happen?
9.                  I can’t draw to save my life.  Stick figure, oh yeah.  Anything more complicated than that, forget it. 
10.              I have a real fear of the dark.  Well, not so much the dark itself, but what could or might be in the dark that I can’t see. 
11.              I do believe in ghosts. 

And next we have the 7 questions from Allyn:

1.                  What is your favorite thing to cook:  Pasta.  It is so versatile.  You can add just cheese or you can toss with mushrooms and spinach and a bit of garlic, or toss in some other fresh veggies and a bit of olive oil.  It can be an entrée or just a side.  I enjoy pasta. 
2.                  Would you rather be an Avatar, a vampire, a Star Trek character, a princess in a storybook or a mermaid:  A vampire.  I think I could get over the whole blood thing if I could live for as long as I wanted.  So many things in life I want to see and do.  I don’t think there is enough time in one lifetime to do it all.
3.                  Would you take a pill if it promised you the figure of your dreams:  Yes.
4.                  How many published books would it take you to be confident in calling yourself a successful author?  This is hard, as I could self publish all the books I wanted but that would not make me successful.  I think it’s the fan base and the sales that give you confidence to call yourself successful.
5.                  To date, what has been your favorite blog that you’ve posted?  I did a series of blogs about what events of my life formed me the most.  Those were fun to write.
6.                  If you had to pick one of the following holidays to remove from the calendar, which would it be and why? Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, Easter, Memorial  Day, July 4th, Labor Day or Halloween.  Valentines Day.  It was fun as a child, but as an adult it’s a bit of a pain.  If you don’t know you are loved every day, then a silly card and a bit of candy wont help. 
7.                  Since you’re receiving the Sunflower Award and we associate sunflowers with happy things, what makes you the happiest.  The sun.  No really.  Doesn’t matter what type of mood I am in, if I can go outside and feel the sun on my skin, I am instantly in a better frame of mind and happy for that moment.  It doesn’t ask anything from you.  It simply is there. 

I know I am supposed to past this onward, but I’m going to decline that part of the award.  Why?  Mainly because I don’t want to double up the award on someone and after checking, most of the bloggers that I would have passed it on to, have already received it. 

Thanks again, Allyn for the honor of this Sunflower Award. 

Have a great week everyone.  Hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me as a person. 

ctny


2 comments:

  1. Well who DOES like to clean up the dishes? Dah! That's what we have husbands for!

    Didn't know you like steamy romances so I learned something new about you today! Do you like them even if they don't involve werewolves, vampires, or creepy paranormal qualities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do actually like the paranormal romances. I don't know why, but I do. Christine Feehan is a good one. I like the normal ones too though. Variety is my name...

    ReplyDelete