Welcome

Friday, December 3, 2010

Motivation? Anyone?

Happy Friday!  There are officially 22 days until Christmas.  I’m sure we are all excited for the glut of presents about to come our way.  I am asking Santa for Harry and David Gummy Bears.  Yes, really.  I will be finishing up my Christmas packages that need to be mailed out this weekend.  Once that is out of the way, the season is smooth. 

I love this time of year.  Not the snow and cold and ice so much (yuck) but the idea of it all:  rebirth, giving, family, cookies.  I just wish I had more time.  With all the hustle and bustle and such, I don’t have as much time to write as I would like.  I have the first draft of Book 2 in the Shadow Dancer series almost complete, and I have the last bit of revisions to complete on my novel, A Howl in the Night, yet I can’t seem to find more than an hour at a time to sit down.  I can’t get motivated in that amount of time.  It’s frustrating me. 

Now that it’s cold and icy and yucky, I am wondering what do other people do to get motivated.  Not even just about writing but about anything.  Usually I will go for a walk, or soak up some sunshine, but that’s out.  All there is outside is bitter cold and grayness.  Not much to inspire out there.  Besides, I can’t go out into the woods right now, as Deer season has begun and my luck I would end up shot.  Sometimes I exercise, but I’m just not in the mood for that.  No, Yoga either. 

So how do you get motivated?  What works for you?  A handful of chocolate?  A bit of meditation?  Come on, I need some ideas!  Help a girl out, will ya?

2 comments:

  1. I find I have no time during December to write. I can barely muster up enough motivation to wrap presents.
    I've decided that besides getting my assignment done, I won't even beat myself up about it this month.
    In January, while the snow flies and the wind howls, I'll be toasty warm in front of my computer hunting down markets for my new batch of short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of all the things I'm blessed with and how I need to just get things done. I'll feel better once what is on my mind to do rather then turning on the TV and watching CSI Miami. I also get motivated by others who are positive. I get motivated to do things when I'm rested to. When I'm tired I have zero motivation. I also get motivated when I've done well at something else in the week and want to do good with everything else in my week. It's best just to get done whats on your mind you'll feel better actually you'll feel great trust me.
    hugz Legacy

    ReplyDelete