Welcome

Monday, December 8, 2014

End of the Year - What's new?

Since everything is a bit crazy for me this month, I thought I would do a quick update on several things going on.

1.  Howl 2 – Still don’t have a title worked out for this book.  I am open to suggestions, just saying.  I did not quite get the first draft completed last week.  I plan on trying to give it a finish this week if at all possible.  Then the “real” fun begins with editing.  If you have followed me for any length of time, you know that this is not fun for me.  I hate editing and trying to make sure I have all the grammar correct and set up.  If I ever make enough money writing, the first thing I will do, is hire myself a personal editor so that I don’t have to fight with it anymore. 

2.  Author Event - Last weekends author fair at the Orange Library went very well for me.  I met several fun authors, and got a few good books to read over the holidays.  Yes, I also sold quite the handful of books too.  Yay!  It was a good day all in all.  I will have to make sure to look for that one again next year.

3.  Seren’s Hip – She is going to therapy for her hip twice a week and she has been doing special exercises every single day.  So how is her hip?  About the same actually. I am not noticing any real improvement.  Plus I’m aggravated in that I feel like my concerns with the PT people are shoved under the rug a bit and excused off with “these things take time”.  However, it’s been a month and there isn’t any improvement?  Shouldn’t she be seeing something?  She had issues walking distances now, too.  I mean like a trip around the mall.  We have to take breaks and let her sit or stretch before continuing.  She limps a bit more lately, and her legs seem to be more sore and achy on a daily basis.  Questions to the PT people are answered with:  “Well, we are working her muscles so we expect soreness and aches”.  This gets under my skin too, as Seren is not out of shape. She is in awesome and better shape than I ever was, and she works her muscles daily.  Why would she suddenly not be in shape and be sore?  I’m not counting out the PT.  I simply wish they would be more open to discussion.  They have another 2-4 weeks to go.  Let’s hope that like magic her hip and tendons and muscles suddenly and inexplicably just get better. 

4.  Christmas – I’m set with the picking out and the shopping.  I am only waiting on the deliveries at this point.  I am holding two packages that need to go out for a shipment that should have come by now.  I mean seriously?  I ordered on November 19th.  What is taking so long?  Otherwise, aside from finding a day to sit down and wrap, I think I’m pretty well set.  What about the rest of you?  Are you ready?



That all the time I have for now.  I’ll catch you next Monday.  Have a great week everyone.  

2 comments:

  1. 1. Congrats on making Nano. Would be lovely to have an editor, aye.

    2. That's amazing! Congrats on that too.

    3. No, I can't see the therapy being more strenuous than Seren's dance classes (they aren't working "new" muscles, surely). I hope they stop fobbing you off. That makes no sense.

    4. Bah-humbug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a busy girl! Congrats on completing Nano by the way. That's an accomplishment in itself. I hope Seren gets better soon! And yes, I'm almost ready for Christmas. Now that I finally got my internet back up and working I feel like I can enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete