Welcome

Monday, December 1, 2014

End of Nanowritmo - 2014



I am happy to announce that I was able to complete my nano novel in time.  I validated at 50,060 words, around noon on November 30, 2014.  Woo Hoo.  It was a crazy month of finding time to write, but I persevered and was able to write almost every single day, with a few exceptions for the holiday.  Slow and steady is me. 

However, the book is not done.  I still have about 10,000 – 15,000 more words to write before I get to the end of the first draft.  It got exciting and action packed and took a few weird turns. Even after all that, at this moment I feel like I am writing a pretty good story.  Oh, don’t get me wrong, it is a very rough draft, but it definitely has great potential.  I will be working on it daily even though Nano is over for the year.  I’m excited about it, ad want to finish it.  I can’t wait for my readers to get it. 

I would love to put out an excerpt, but I don’t know where the book will end and I don’t want to give anything away.  What I can tell you is that it is a sequel to my previously published book, A Howl in the Night.  I still don’t have a title for it.  I am thinking along the lines of Dawn Breaks or The Morning Comes.  I don’t know.  It’s a work in progress.  I’m sure I will figure something out.

Just a quick plug – I will be at the Orange Library in Lewis Center, this Sunday, December 7, 2014 from 2:00 – 5:00 to meet the people and talk about writing.  I will also have books should you need one and I am always happy to autograph. 



Have a great week.  

1 comment:

  1. Well, congrats! 60 words over... phewf. Dawn Breaks sounds good. I like it. Really loved A Howl in the Night (and the cover ROCKS) so I'm pumped for the sequel/2nd. Good luck at the library event--you are on fi-yah!

    ReplyDelete