Welcome

Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year - A Brave New World

Yes, I know.  I am supposed to be writing.  I have a lot of writing to do and plans for the new year, but…I have to finish the book I am currently reading so that I can focus better.  

I am currently reading, A Brave New World, by Huxley.  Have you read this?  This is one of those books, that I always “meant” to read, and has, in fact been on my TBR pile for years.  Yes, years.  The book was one of those classics that just everyone has to read, which is most likely the main reason I have not read it until this point.  I don’t like to do what everyone else is doing, just because they are doing it.  Did you follow that?  At any rate, I finally picked it up.

If you have not read it, maybe you should.  It was a bit confusing the first chapter or two, and it took me that long to get into the writing style, but after that little bit of “WTH?” I have to say; it’s a very good read.  Darker than I thought it would be.  More in depth than I imagined.  Insidious at times?  Yes.  That too.  I’m entranced.  I love that.

Don’t know the book I am talking about?  Here is a link for you to explore.  http://www.huxley.net/ 

Until next week…


ctny

2 comments:

  1. I have a list of books I need to finish but keep putting them off because I feel like I need to be writing. Maybe if I read faster, it wouldn't be an issue? Anyway, I'll have to look into the book you're reading and see if I need to add it to my "want to read" list (that's about a mile long already!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My TBR pile is huge too. I can't not pass up a good book when I come upon it. It's an addiction. If you read it, let me know what you think.

      Delete