Welcome

Monday, January 28, 2013

What Are You Reading?


What are you reading?

It’s a new year and with it comes new personal challenges of what books (too many to list) and how many to read this year (63).  I don’t know about you guys, but I love finding new books and new series to read.

Right now I in the middle of two books series. 

The first is The Giver:  The Giver

The book was very interesting. I picked it up because of a friendly recommendation (which I love btw) and could not put it down.  I didn’t realize the book was a series until I had trouble understanding exactly how this book ended.  I was confused even after reading the last chapter several times.  I went over to Goodreads and looked around the book boards to see what everyone else was saying about it.  Low and behold, it’s a series!  So now I understand why I was confused.  There is more to the story. 

The second is:  Tressa Jayne Turner: Tressa Jayne Turner Box Set

This series I picked up because it was recommended by Amazon and the whole set of six books was only $9.99!  (And it still is! I just checked!)  How could I pass that up.  No its not literary genius, but man, it’s a fun read.  I’m just starting book four at this moment.  It’s main story line is a snarky cowgirl, that finds herself in pickle after pickle surrounded by one hunky ranger, one hot State Trooper, and one big but buff and mysterious biker (this one is my favorite although I doubt she ends up with him, but then, who knows).  She is not picking easily as she is on a quest of self-discovery and make over.  Going from the dumb blond that she has allowed people to believe she is, to the real tomboy girl that she is inside.  This self-discovery includes dead bodies found in her truck, maniac clowns, ghosts, and now crimes by the booklist.  I am really enjoying this series.  The main character is a hoot.  She reminds me of someone…..

So what are you all reading?  Anything good?  As I said above, I am a sucker for a good recommendation.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney,
    Oooo, the Tressa Jayne Turner series sounds like a lot of fun! My TBR list is a little overwhelming right now. This week I finished Gayle Forman's JUST ONE DAY, which was good, but a little disappointing at the same time. I also just finished THE FAULT IN OUR STARS for the third time. I just love, love, love it! Next up is Stephanie Paren'ts Defy the Stars.
    Happy Reading =D

    ReplyDelete