Welcome

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Tree House Craze

It started off as just a simple quip.  “Think daddy would build me a tree house?”  The roller coaster that one question started you would not believe. But…the stuff I have found is absolutely amazing. 

First we have the kids tree houses.  I was thinking, a square structure with a window, a door, a rope ladder, and a regular ladder.  Sounds good to me.  I would be wrong and apparently quite antiquated in my ideas of a tree house.  Take for instance:

http://www.barbarabutler.com/

Seriously?  These tree houses are better than my HOUSE!  Look at some of these:






Now this site then lead me to:


And from there to here:


The best find however, and I suggest you take the time to visit them is:


These are my favorites. 







I am thinking about trading in my 3 bedroom, 2 bath, ranch for this one.  My daughter wont need a tree house of her own, she can just share mine!


Swiss Family Robinson here I come! 
ctny

10 comments:

  1. Those are amazing designs... and we were just looking up these insane tree houses recently, after searching for a garden play solution for Roz. Can you imagine?!!! Cost more than my house. The one site said 'if you need to ask the price, don't bother'. Yikes.

    So, Seren's getting a tree house? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm thinking not so much. The prices of a tree house are stupid. I want one for myself though....hahahahaha

    ctny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! Right! So much fun to dream about them a little bit. The prices however, way out of my league.

      Delete
  4. Wow, tree houses have come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without a doubt considering what I put together when I was a kid. Picture rotten boards and old sheets. Hahahaha. That place was AWESOME.

      Delete
  5. These tree houses look amazing. There's always something magical and adventurous about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it is just the memory of being a kid that makes the idea of a tree house so magical.

      Delete
  6. Cool tree houses! I'm sure I wanted one when I was a kid but this old lady likes her house on solid ground now. Maybe I could build a fancy tree house and let my hubby live in it!!?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a thing for treehouses too ... and I am now terrified to click on that link because it's the kind of thing that takes up hours ...

    ReplyDelete