Welcome

Friday, October 29, 2010

Reviews: Witch Child and Princess Ben

Happy Friday!  Sales for Shadow Dancer seem to be going very well.  Thank you everyone for your support of my first solo novel.  I would love to hear from you if you have read it.  As I am working on book 2 of the Acadia Series (Shadow Warrior), any feedback would be great. 

Just finished reading Princess Ben, by Catherine G. Murdock.  This is a YA Fantasy Fiction and I have to say, was such a nice read.  It’s the story of a girl that due to several sudden deaths finds herself poised to take her place as Princess and upon marriage, Queen.  Of course nothing in life is that easy.  There are dragons, sorcery, slavery and love.  It’s a coming of age novel in a fantasy world.  Yes, it’s a great book.  Also, there are little side moments of several other fairytales mingled in, only with an odd twist.  Once I realized their existence, I found myself waiting for the next one to come along and how it would be told.  I wont tell you about any one of them, as that would spoil the fun.  Truly, fun read.  

I also read this week, Witch Child, by Celia Rees.  I picked this up on a whim, not even really knowing what it was about until I opened it.  Witch Child is a story based on fact of a young girl that journeys from England to the new world of Salem during the witch hunts.  Although I recognized most of the names used in the story, I didn’t realize it was truly based on real events, until I reached the very last page, where the author asked if you have additional knowledge of any of the people or events listed to contact her.  I have read and researched that time period several times and hope to visit Salem one of these days.  The story was very interesting if a bit dull now and then with the ordinary, but I think that was intentional.  I truly enjoyed the easy read in the end and found it quite fascinating. 

That’s it for this week guys.  Have a great weekend and Happy Halloween. 
Ctny

To find the above referenced books, you can go here:
Princess Ben
Witch Child

No comments:

Post a Comment