Welcome

Monday, August 1, 2016

The End of Summer is Near

Yes, it really is.  Once I start seeing back to school commercials and sales on paper and pencils, I know it's time to get back to the job at hand, which means, blogging.

So how I have been spending my time?

1.  We went with the Tiny Dancer to Nashville to compete at our Nationals.  Sadly, I am not a fan of Nashville.  I didn't have a great time.  There wasn't much to do with a teenager other than shop and go to a few attractions.  Granted the Johnny Cash Museum was pretty good, but that was the highlight of the trip.  The hotel (The Gaylord - FYI) was kept so dang cold that everything felt wet and damp.  I went outside in the 100 degree heat just to dry off and warm up.

2.  We took a weekend trip out to Boston where I spent a fun day in Salem.  We did all the touristy things such as troll all the witch crafty stores and went to the museums.  It was a good day.  I had a Tarot reading and all in all it was good.  I was told that my day job is killing my creative side so I need to look into making some changes.  That was weird as who out there knows me as a writer or creative?  I enjoyed the trip even if it was a little quick and way over commercialized.

3.  The Tiny Dancer was accepted into a training program with the Joffrey Ballet Company.  She's been with them a while now.  I am ready for her to come home.  I know its all in the reach for training, but I miss my girl.  Horribly.  She's learned many things, including how to do her own laundry, and how to have fun while doing the chore.  She's a hoot.



She also sent me a few fun shots just to lighten my day.






School starts back up in 17 days.  She has schedule pick up day next week.  I need to get her re-fitted for jeans that fit, (Those Darn Legs!) and find some shirts for her that are not Twenty One Pilots.  I think her entire wardrobe right now is TOP shirts, a bit too short jeans and Nike Pro Shorts.  I will be broke soon.

But now that summer is coming to an end soon, I am back working and working hard.  The third book in my A Howl in the Night series has been fully drafted and is now being edited.  It will be in my publishers hands asap as I have several readers clamoring for it.  I will be back blogging weekly now, so stay tuned.

Have a great week.
ctny

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Brilliant photos. That would be a great advert for getting kids to do laundry. You've had a full summer (not that it's quite over yet...you guys go back to school way too early). I can't wait for the next paranormal installment. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she can do those things with her legs! So beautiful. Sounds like you've had a fun and busy summer. Time to get back into the swing of things and back to your normal, even busier life! Don't worry, your baby will be back soon and she'll have tons of fun things to tell you!

    Congrats on getting the third book to the editor. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete