Welcome

Monday, July 8, 2013

First Draft - Soooo Close

Today is a blog about my next novel in the Shadow Dancer series.  The working title being:  Shadow Fire.  Oh it’s not scheduled for anything yet, but I am working to finish the first draft this week.  I am one piddly scene away from completion…of the first draft that is.  This book took me on a strange and exhausting path, one that I did not foresee when I started it.  I thought it would be a simple fantasy with a bit of love tossed in.  It has become quite the journey and a lot more complex than I could have ever expected. 

What is it about?  It’s about Leif and his life and how he became the man we know and how he then becomes the man we want him to be.  Sounds interesting, yes?  Let me just add that WOW, writing the POV of boys is hard.  Who knew?  Boys, I’m sure know this, but I, a girl, had no idea. 

Again, it’s so close to being written, which means it is then really close to being submitted, and hopefully on the publication train.  I can’t tell you too much more about it yet, but have no fear, once I have it finished, finished, and ready for submission, I will let you all know.  Until then, be patient, it’s on its way. 

Have a great week everyone, I’m off to the Realm of Acadia and the life and loves of Leif.  I want to get it done, this week!  So, no more time to blog.  Off I go.



8 comments:

  1. Good luck, Courtney! Still four days before week's end. You can do it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am hot on the trail to completion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read it! And think of the great feeling you'll get once it's done and published and you realize how hard you worked at it. And now you can add one more skill to your list of many. You can now speak and think in the "male" species. Scary, huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More scary than I ever realized.

      Still not quite finished with the draft. I have the final tie ups to do. I may actually wait to do that until I go through the draft and edit. Make sure I dont miss anyone. Hey, maybe I am done, then...

      Delete
  4. It sounds fantastic, and interesting how complex it became! I guess he's a complex sort of guy. So excited to read it! I guess I'd better stop bothering you now so you can get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the next one. And please drop by my blog and collect your award at http://www.terriehope.com/apps/blog/show/30630622-friday-focus

    ReplyDelete