So, I have begun Leif’s book. It’s a bit slow going at this point as it’s all set up and very little writing, but it’s started. If I kick butt on it for the next few weeks, maybe the first draft will be done by the middle or the end of April. That is the goal anyway.
Therefore, because my brain in focused on the Shadow Walkers and the four realms, I don’t have much else to share. Therefore, today and maybe for the next little while, my blogs are going to be changing format.
The new style will be “What’s On My Mind”. So without further explanation, let’s get it on.
1. Spring. It’s so close and yet, it feels so far away. Four days ago there was almost a foot of snow on the ground. Then yesterday, we had temperatures in the high 60’s and there was not a bit of snow to be found. The spring crocuses were in full bloom in not only the flowerbeds, but also…my yard. Silly flowers. I was happy to see the bumblebees out and about and pollination away. Yay, spring!
2. Tucson Festival of Books. The event was scheduled for this past weekend. I didn’t get to go this year due to other engagements and I have to say, I am bummed out big time over it. I had such a wonderful time last year at the event and I hope to go back again soon. As I scrolled through FB it was fun to see all the photos being posted of the event and the authors. Man, I so wanted to be there.
3. The Walking Dead. Not sure I like where the show is going right now. There are so many things that I know I would personally be doing differently if I was in that situation. It annoys the poop out of me, when shows that are so good suddenly change format and go way off the mark. Carl (or is it Karl?) is annoying the poop out of me. Andrea, I just want to smack the crap out of. Are girls really that stupid? No, it can’t be true! Rick, snap out of it man! The only one I still really enjoy, is Darryl. His character has stayed very true and I like that about him. The episode last night was at least a good one. Zombies everywhere along with drama and story and even….(gasp!) sex. However, I have to admit, I would have capped the governor the moment I saw he was alone in the barn and been done with the whole thing. I must be more savage than them though. Who knew?
4. Cleveland. Why Cleveland? Well because I am going there this upcoming weekend for the Ohio Dance Masters (aka ODM) to see Seren and her Dance Company compete. Not much to do in Cleveland otherwise, so aside from sitting on my duff most of the weekend, I hope to be reading and writing and planning.
5. Coffee. I’m trying to cut back on the coffee intake just a bit. I do so well some days and others, way not so much. What is it about that drink that turns me into a lunatic without it? I guess we all have our addictions right? Mine are apparently, coffee and books and chocolate. I’m such a girl.
So what’s are your mind this week?